My sister’s partner, Corey, is Paul Chek trained (Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology) so aspects of Ben Warren’s lecture were familiar; I just hadn’t actually followed it. In the past I’d thought cutting out all the ‘yummy food’ was over the top and no one was going to deny me my coffee, biscuits, cakes, chocolates and takeaways!
Like most people, a group challenge gave me the motivation to give it a go. After a 20 hour caffeine withdrawal headache I started feeling great and had more energy. Researching what foods had protein in them and talking to Corey and others for meal ideas and inspiration really helped. Food became a fuel source and not a way to treat myself. After a couple of weeks of not eating so much sugar, food tasted sweet enough as it was.
I tried to make it as easy as possible by colour-coding my chart so the time/protein/fruit and veges are in different colours and there’s healthy food choices in the kitchen. Meals are planned and I always have almonds, prunes and fresh fruit on hand at work. I bought a stylish Eco tanka for the gym and the staff at Aspyre and of course Tina and Eloise have kept me motivated.
I’m looking forward to going on this journey with everyone for the next few weeks and making changes for a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment