Monday, May 14, 2012

Guest Bloggers: Rochelle wins the challenge!

We spoke to Rochelle Elgie after winning the Healthy Lifestyle Challenge, who enjoyed a bit of healthy competition during the challenge and has continued some healthy lifestyle habits.


The last 6 weeks have been tough, but caffeine-withdrawal headache aside, it’s been fun.  I did find the first and last few weeks the hardest and just wanted to eat some chocolate or a raspberry cream bun or 3, but with Nina close behind I kept going with the salads and steamed veges.

When it finished I had a little chocolate and baking indulgence to celebrate my being healthy (doesn’t sound quite right!) but have kept up most of the new habits thanks to the 6 weeks of doing them and support from Tina, Eloise and everyone else taking part! 

Tuna salads, water and going to the gym are still in, baking and chocolate are now limited and coffee, deep fried takeaways, fizzy drinks and lollies are out.

I lost 3.15kg and 5.5cm around my waist.  I plan to drop a couple more kilos and build some more lean muscle because I feel so much healthier when I’m eating healthy and exercising.  I’m also surprised at how easy it is to get up in the morning, as pre-challenge I was half-asleep until I’d had my 2 cups of coffee.

I hope everyone has gained something positive from this challenge to keep continuing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment